Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

24 days?!?!

24 days left till our court date when (keep your fingers crossed) Ella becomes ours. I feel like a kid again, when a week felt like a year! I have been reading other blogs, I think that I am looking for some sanity. I need to read about someone that isn't blissfully happy waiting for their baby. I did read a couple today that made me smile, finally some fellow nut-jobs. Others that are fed up with the waiting. I don't think that anyone who is not going through the process can really understand the emotions we are feeling. It isn't fair, we get sent these pictures of our children and we fall in love....love like a parent loves their child, then we are cut off for 4 months. I have received 2 updates and an updated picture in 11 weeks. I got the picture and I cried for half an hour because I was so happy. I just want to know that she ate today or that she smiled--a smile would make my week! I don't know if I can take it, I have been patient, paying my dues but I want more. I want to hold her and kiss her and examine every inch of her. I want to know what she smells like. I want to see hear her cry, smell her breath and see her smile. Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Laura HC said...

If absence makes the heart grow fonder, it's a wonder your chest doesn't burst open!! It's less than a month and I'm sure you're so ready.
Tell Charles that Aunt Laura says you need a romantic weekend away. (You won't get quite so many when Ella comes but she is SO worth any sacrifice!). Do something physical (besides that) like sail, surf, bike.... The time will be here before you know it. HUGS to you both!