Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

1 More Day!

My sweet daughter,

This is so surreal! After all that has happened, we are finally going to get on a plane and I am going to kiss and hold you. My emotions are a little hard to control, I am trying to pack the rest of the items and get everything ready for us to leave, but I just want to sit and stare at you. I am trying to get me brain around the idea that we are going to hold you in a few short days. I am excited, nervous, anxious and yes...overwhelmed with emotion. I have prayed and worried for so long that I am having a hard time believing that we are at the threshold of a new life, a life with you in it. I have a picture of you in a frame that is shaped like a puzzle piece, I didn't realize the significance of the frame until today--you are the missing piece to my puzzle. You complete the picture. I want to come today, now, this minute, but in only a few short days, Mommy will be holding you and loving you and never letting you go, except I might let your Daddy hold you for a minute or two!!!

Ella, someday you can read all the happenings of this crazy journey and I hope at the end you will realize something, you have been our daughter since before you were born. Our love for you is so strong that we didn't need to grow you in my belly, you were born out of our love and the love of all of our friends and family. We live in a world that is full of hate and ignorance, but I hope that will change and the idea that we can travel half way around this world to get our child makes me feel hope. I want to show you my world and I hope that I can see it through your eyes. We will learn from one another and maybe we can make a difference for other people. I have so much love to give and I thank everyone who loved and supported us throughout this process. I have always felt a love for Africa, and can't wait to immerse myself into the culture and the people. I have a lot of gratitude and admiration for your birth country, the people of Ethiopia are allowing us to borrow you and raise you as our own, for that I will always be grateful. This will not be our only trip to Ethiopia, I plan on going back with you to show you the wonders of the place you were born and to try and give back to the people of Ethiopia.

My heart is full and my eyes are wet.

Mommy is coming little one and soon we will never be apart.

All of my love,

Mommy

3 comments:

Erin said...

I am so excited for you guys! I know you never thought this day would come and here you are on the edge of your seat wating to hold your baby girl. Hopefully the next few days will fly by and you'll have Ella in your arms in no time! My mom and I are going to be in Tampa next month...we hope to see you, Charles, Ella, and your parents. Give that beautiful girl kisses from all of us here in Ohio!

Rick Flynn said...

Amy called me yesterday evening from DC prior to boarding the plane to Ethiopia. She gave me instructions for logging in and posting comments as her. I have not been able to log in as her. So please come to my blog which is RDFlynnJr. I will be posting any updates from Amy and Charles on my blog.

Rick

Shawnda Haynes :) said...

The way your heart spilled into this passage says it all. YOU ARE AN AMAZING person, and you will be an amazing MOTHER! If only we could flood the world with more people who had the same love and compassion for their children the way you do for your new LIL girl Ella .... The world would be such a BETTER place! ~ Shawnda Haynes