Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, August 28, 2009

In Ethiopia - Update!

We arrived safely last night to a rainy city in darkness. This morning we met our daughter Ella Sloan Eyerus Haynie! She is so beautiful and a very happy baby. She hasn't even had a big crying fit yet. The week is young though... I'm sorry we can't send a photo yet. We have a very spotty internet connection available to us here. That's the news everybody! She is happy, healthy, and now we are learning as much as we can about her birthplace. She is eating cereal now twice a day in between bottles. She is sitting up, but not crawling yet. She also does a really great copycat of her mom's faces that she makes at her. She has a strong grip and a very curious gaze. We can't wait for everyone to meet her! We hope to write more this week, but this will have to do for now.

Love,
Charles and Amy

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous! Al

Christy said...

I'm so happy! Yeah! Give her hugs and kisses from us! Tears of JOY for Ella, Charles and Amy!
XOXOXOXOXO,
Christy

Laura HC said...

Welcome, welcome, Ella Sloan Eyerus Haynie!! You are a very blessed baby to join the family of Charles and Amy. Lots of love and hugs to all!!! (and on the anniversary of the "I have a dream.." speech!)

The crew at Ella's said...

YAY!!!! We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet her!Congrats!

Rick Flynn said...

Mom says....I now know what waiting is really like. When I spoke to you last week, I heard Ella giggle. I wanted more and more but have to wait almost a week to hear and see my new grand baby. Your dad is looking every day for just one more piece of information. I think he is more anxious than I am to hear all about Ethiopia and to hold his new loved one. Love and Kisses to all of you and especially to Ella. We pray for a safe trip back home. We love all of you very much.