Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, July 20, 2009

Ella's First Concert

Before all this happened with the investigation of the adoption, we had some plans. There were things we thought we would be doing by now with her. One of the things that I thought we'd be doing was attending Ella's first concert last Saturday at the Cuban Club. That was the Avett Brothers show that I've been harping about and telling strangers about for months with the excited giddiness that I used to reserve for junior high.







This photo credit is for Nicole Kibert (elawgrrl)

Thanks for the amazing pics of our boys "singing in front of the moon." Check out the whole set at...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elawgrrl/3737189031/

Well, things don't always turn out like what you think, or "Life is what happens while you're making plans." to paraphrase John Lennon. So she's still over there. We're still here. And we went to the concert anyway. I'm glad Amy was excited to go and I think she really enjoyed it - until the whole ridiculous traffic jam while leaving thing. They played a lot of my favorites like "Shame" and "Distraction #74" They even played a new song that gets stuck in my head called "I and Love and You." Anyhow it was great, but these guys are bluegrass and punk and raw screaming emotion right in your face. I will not try to plan out Ella's first concert for a few more weeks now until we get past this last hurdle that is this illogical movable court date.

The Avetts in all their emotion finally got me during a song called "Gift for Melody Anne." I'll finish this little blog up with the lines...

"If I ever have a son, if I ever have a daughter,
I don't want to tell them that I didn't give my all."

I'd like to think they were telling us not to give up.
-Charles

2 comments:

Christy said...

Sweet! Don't give up! It will happen! I love you guys, Christy

Kris, Staci, & Marley said...

Hey guys, we just found your blog on CHI's yahoo group website. I don't know how we missed it all this time but we've finally got you added to our blog list so we can follow you guys on the rest of your journey. The MOWA shutdown and the off-again/on-again court closure thing has been very frustrating. Hang in there guys, you're almost home free!