Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Life don't clickety clack...

Ella,
This last week there was a funeral for a great-grandfather you will never know. You will see the pictures and hear the stories and that is all we get sometimes. Things change all the time. The lyric in my head this week is "Life don't clickety clack down a straight line track, it comes together and it comes apart." It goes over and over in my head in a sad folksinger's voice. This weekend you will miss my youngest brother's wedding. We kind of figured you would miss this one though, because you need a passport to get to Mexico these days. I know that you will get to know him soon and his new wife. So after a very full month, while we wait for you to come home, you have lost a great grandfather but gained an aunt. I am sure by the end of this weekend we will well know all of our new in-laws and we will have many more stories to tell you. I long to tell you stories of all your uncles and how they will change your life in small ways. Hang in there little one, I have to be strong for mommy right now and so do you. I know that you have already been through so much, but soon you will lay with us on the rug and your laughs will heal all this trouble. We will sing songs and dance for you this weekend. Travelling with us is another thing that you should look forward to. You will be born into a family with walking shoes.
See you soon,
Daddy

1 comment:

Rick Flynn said...

Charles,
You write beautiful letters. Ella will be so lucky to have a great dad like you. You missed your calling by not being a writer. I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished. I look forward to having you in our family for the next 50 years or so not that I will be around for that but you never know. Stay Strong and Thank you so much for taking care of my little Amy girl. I love you.
Mom - Ina