Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, May 4, 2009

Enjoy the Ride (4 days)

I was so overwhelmed with my emotions today that I thought I was going to lose it, but then I read some other blogs and found the "bright side". I am not much for looking on that proverbial bright side, but at this point I have nothing to lose. I can concentrate on the--I have no control of this thing or I can try and find the silver lining. I am going to copy a little of Stephanie's blog, I hope she doesn't mind.

There are 4 days until our court date in Ethiopia, the day in which Ella legally becomes ours. She is already ours in our hearts and minds so legally ours is the last step. We are really excited and I wanted to share a few things that I am looking forward to doing.



  • Holding, Kissing, Squeezing, ETC...You know!!

  • Seeing Charles' eyes get teary as he holds his daughter (cry..)

  • Going to the Zoo

  • Going to the Aquarium

  • Going Bird Watching

  • Watching her sleep

  • Feeding her

  • Reading to her

I could go on, but I would like you to tell me what you looked forward to or still love doing with your kids, maybe 1 or 2. I am going to put these in a book. All are urged to comment, family members strongly urged.


Thanks for all the support! We love you.


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well you already know several of mine, but I'll share a few more. Going to the Science Museum, the Dinosaur Museum, and the Fire Truck Museum.

Fine family said...

I love Dancing around the kitchen with Hasina while cooking dinner. I love listening to all three of my kids breath while they sleep. I really enjoy taking a blanket to the park and just play together in the shade.

Jen Mc Pichler said...

Playing music and dancing all around the house together, until we are all breathless...the zoo trips!!!....girls' lunches out.... Telling stories at bedtime...