Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day 2009

Dear Ella,

Yesterday was Mother's Day and your Dad and I spent all day visiting your Grandparents. We went sailing with your Nanan and Eepaw in the early part of the day and spent the afternoon and evening with Nana and Aunt Dedra and Uncle Luke in Orlando. Overall, it was a really nice day but a minute didn't go by that I wasn't thinking of you.
When we found out about you, my heart broke into pieces, some were so small they were carried by the wind for thousands of miles, over oceans and seas, over mountains and valleys, all the way to a tiny orphanage in Addis Ababa and they landed directly in your arms. Mommy cannot live with this broken heart for very long, so you know that I must come and get you so that you can fix my heart, because you are the only one who can. Until the day that we come and get you, you must know that Daddy and I love you and miss you. I pray every night that you are happy and they are taking good care of you. I pray that you feel safe and secure and know that no matter what happens, you are my daughter. There might be a chance that the courts don't allow us to come and get you for a long time, but you must never forget or begin to doubt that you belong to someone. You are wanted and needed and loved more than any other child in the universe. If I could, I would move heaven and earth to come and get you, but it is just not that easy. I have your room ready and everything you need to come home. You have soft beds, plush toys, silky blankets and lots of love waiting on you here. We are here, your family, and I can't wait for you to meet everyone.
Mommy has to end this letter, but I will write one each day that I am away from you. When you grow up, you will know how much we love you and how much it hurt to be away from you.
"she gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love"
You will hear that as you sleep, over and over again, I am sending it with another piece of my heart, stay strong little one and keep growing big and healthy.
Love, Mommy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Amy! Remember you are not alone in this.

~Tricia~
Asher's Mommy
http://childofourheart.wordpress.com/

Laura HC said...

Ella is a very lucky little girl. Her world will never be the same once she's in your arms. I think of all of you often and send thoughts, prayers and good wishes your way, hoping they somehow help give you strength and peace of mind.

love,
Laura

Rick Flynn said...

Amy my beautiful daughter!
It breaks my heart reading your letter. You have so much love to give - more than anyone I know. We need to get every prayer chain out there involved in this fight to bring our baby home to us. I love you so much and would give anything if I could fix this for you. My only weapon is prayer. You know that I am always here to support you and love you no matter what happens. I want to wrap my arms around you and hold you tight until all of this bad stuff goes away. My heart is breaking! My arms feel empty! My eyes are red! But I will not give up hope and you cannot either. You have so many people who love you and Charles and will support you all of the way. Love, Mom

Jennifer M Pichler said...

i'll cry every time i hear that van morrison song from now on. but i hope soon the tears will be of pure joy and inspiration. soon!!