Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, May 15, 2009

More Love

My Sweet Ella,

I have been writing you these letters for a week now and we have quite a few of our friends and family following along. I wanted to tell you just how blessed we truly are. When it comes to friends, your Mommy has been very lucky. I have the best friends anyone could ever have. Your Nanan has always said that I am so lucky to have your Aunt Michelle--to whom I would fall apart without--but that I was really lucky to have friends that will be with me throughout my life. I know that this is true and that is one thing that I can pass down to you. You will not only come into a large family that loves and cares for you, but you will also inherit my friends. These people will care for you and love you like you are their own. There is a very strange and wonderful thing about true friends, it doesn't happen very often but when it does you must embrace it, cherish it and feed it. It is not easy, you have to work on it, but if you work hard and sacrifice you will be rewarded. There is an unconditional love that comes with certain friends, this type of love is precious. Your Mommy and Daddy have this love for you, but most people go through life never knowing what it feels like to love this way or to be loved in this way. Loving in this way means that you can never stop, never question and never reject the other persons love. I have that with my friends and I know you will too.

More love to flow in between us, to take us and hold us, let us save up, if there is ever an answer... its more love.

I will be singing this to you when you are falling asleep tonight, remember that you are the most loved baby in the Universe and don't forget, we are coming, we are coming, we are coming, Mommy and Daddy are coming!!

All of my love,
Your Mom

3 comments:

Jmac said...

You are so right and your friends feel equally (if not more so) blessed to have YOU.
We'll never let time lapse like we did again. We ARE friends for life and it IS unconditional.
I have and will always love you like a sister! SOOO glad to get right back to it with you again, in good times and hard times.
Thinking of you!!!!!
Call you soon,
Jen

Rick Flynn said...

....Amy - so true about your friends. I remember thinking to myself when you were about 12 or 13 that I could not believe the number of friends you had. The shocker is that those friendships have lasted all of these years. When I was a teenager, I felt like I did not have any friends especially in school only at church (yes..I did go to church). As a child, I would try and buy friendship with candy. Sometime that worked but most of the time they just took my candy and ran away. hahaha Today, I can say that I have many wonderful friends. They support me and would be there in a minute if I called them. Your friends are a little different. They have shared everything with you throughout the years and all of you have supported each other through each issue no matter what it was. My generation did not do things that way and may have thought it kind of wierd but I look back and I can say that I was jealous of that bond that you shared. The good thing is today they seem like my children instead of your friends and I get to share the good and bad with them and I love that. When you were going through the hard times with them, I was too. They love you so much and you love them and that is what is important.
More later....Love Mom

Christy said...

Yes, yes my friend...you are stuck with me!