Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thu 5/14/09
Dear Ella,
Last night I had to call the airlines and cancel my tickets to Ethiopia, my ticket to come and get you. That was really hard to do. I think your Daddy is a little relieved though, because now I can't just get on a flight and go. I just want to see you and hold you and kiss your fingers and toes. I think that you must be getting bigger, I wonder if you can sit up yet. I yearn for the sound of your cries. Yesterday, I was out shopping at Publix and a baby was crying the whole time. I just wanted to pick her/him up. I cried at Publix.
There was an update yesterday from our agency. They said that it looks like we will hear something sometime next week. I hope so, I don't think that I can last much longer. Mommy is going to have to go and see a Doctor if I can't come and get you soon, all of this stress is giving me a pain in the belly--ulcer pain.
I wish I could see what you are doing right now, I can tell you what I would be doing if you were here. We would be on the carpet with your favorite toys. I would be reading books and playing peek-a-boo. You would be laughing. I see that each time I pass the rug, the big, soft wool rug that Daddy and I bought to play with you on. Please come home soon. Mommy is getting desperate. Stay strong, stay strong, stay strong.
Sweet dreams Ellie Belly, you are the most loved baby in the universe! Mommy and Daddy love you and are coming to get you soon.
Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Laura HC said...

My dearest Amy,

You have to take care of yourself or you won't be any good for Ella. Please work on meditating and relaxation techniques. Those are things that will be good for Ms. Ella to learn, too. She can learn to be a mellow woman. I wish I could come and give you time to spend relaxing. Perhaps I'll get a chance to take my turn at the shop while you three go off and play!!

Loves, hugs, and kisses, always,

Aunt Laura

(keep your chin up!!!)