Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, May 8, 2009

The Waiting Game

Charles again -

I'm reading the emails, and waiting. Just watching for a sign. It kind of feels like staring down a long road and watching for the car. But this is THE CAR. The car that carries someone special. Everytime a car approaches, you get excited. You strain to see it. Everybody waiting with you thinks this is their car. Then it gets closer, and then as it doesn't slow, everybody exhales. It passes by and nervous glances are shared. We are all waiting for that call. The call that says they passed court, or maybe that they didn't. If they don't call then we will know that they jumped another hurdle. This waiting though, it's crazy! We sit and wait and wonder. This is one of those moments, and I want to record it. That butterflies in the stomach moment when you ask, is this going to happen or not? We have just enough information to be totally frustrated. If we get an email before 2:00 then it's not good. If we don't then we will stare at this screen for the next two hours and try to not go crazy! I wish my family could understand what this is like! I wish I could share just a little of this anxiety. Hopefully they will see it in the words I write. A few more hours and I will either be posting photos of our daughter or looking at later flights. Two weeks doesn't seem like a long time, but these two coming up... these seem way too long.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love the way you write! You should do that more often.