Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, May 9, 2009

A letter to Ella

To my daughter Ella,

I want to introduce myself to you. I am your Mother. You have not met me, but I wanted you to know a few things. There are some problems with the court system in the place where you are and that is why it is taking me so long to get to you. I know that you are getting anxious and know that we are too. I know you are too young to understand this, but someday I hope that I can read this to you or you will happen to find it.
I want you to know that on January 26, 2009 we found out about you. That was the day my life changed. I never knew that I could love someone I had never seen, touched or heard, but I did. You took my heart at that minute and have held it ever since. It has been 103 days since and you were supposed to be in my arms in 16 days, but unfortunately it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I am sorry sweet baby, but you have to stay strong. Mommy is coming. It might take me a few more weeks, or maybe months to get to you, but I am coming. Don't lose hope. There may be thousands of miles between us, but that cannot alter my feelings. You are my baby and I love you more than anything in the world. Stay strong and always remember that you are loved and Mommy is coming to get you.

All of my love,
Your Mom

No comments: